Chicken and Chorizo Hotpot This is a dish influenced by the amazing flavors of Spain. The dish goes best with toasty crusty bread and a nice glass of white wine, and makes a a fantastic dish in the middle of winter.
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 1 Chorizo sausage thinly sliced
- 750 g chicken thigh fillets, excess fat trimmed, cut into 3cm pieces
- 1 brown onion, halved, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 x 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) water1 (about 50g) bought roasted red capsicum, thinly sliced
- 60g (1/3 cup) green olives
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Toasted Crusty bread, to serve Mixed salad leaves to serve.
1. Heat 1 teaspoon of the oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the chorizo and cook, turning occasionally, for 2 minutes or until crisp. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel.
2. Heat the remaining oil in the pan. Add half the chicken and cook for 2 minutes or until browned. Transfer to the plate. Repeat with remaining chicken.
3. Add the onion to the pan and cook stirring, for 3 minutes or until soft. Add the garlic and paprika and cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until aromatic. Add the Chorizo, chicken, tomato, water, capsicum and olives. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low, Simmer, Covered 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Stir in half the parsley. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
4. Divide among serving plates and sprinkle with the remaining parsley. Serve with bread with and mixed salad leaves.
There you go another amazing winter dish that you can impress your friends with, and its also very healthy. (Well maybe drop the Wine and Crusty bread.)