When people think of Seafood, they don’t often think of Octopus as a choice. Its a very tasty seafood choice, Cook it with chilli and garlic, gives it a zesty flavour. Octopus works well in salads as well.
1 kg baby octopus
2 teaspoon coriander seeds, crushed
1/4 cup (60ml) olive oil
2 cloves garlic, crushed
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
2 cups (40g) trimmed watercress
1. Remove heads from octopus. Remove “beak” from center of tentacles
2. Heat small dry non -stick frying pan, add crushed coriander seeds; cook, stirring until fragrant. Remove from heat.
3. Combine octopus in large bowl with coriander seeds, oil, garlic, juice and sauce. Cover, refrigerate 3 hours or overnight.
4. Heat grill plate (or heavy-based frying pan or barbecue) until very hot. Drain octopus from marinade, cook octopus, in batches until tender.
5. Toss Octopus with watercress