Most people don’t know that the fat stored in our body is stored energy, so to successfully lose that excess fat,you really have to combine exercise with a healthy diet. There are so many fat loss tips that may be followed to get the results you want. We wanted to look at the 5 most simple fat loss tips that you can do to see results.
Simple Fat Loss Tips
Start A Diary
If you are starting out, one thing to do is to keep a diary of your lifestyle. Record your food intake each day, when you go to bed, how much fluid you drink each day. In fact everything that you do in your daily regime.
If you maintain this you will soon see what your bad habits are. You have to be honest though or else you defeat the purpose. Once you have identified the problem areas, then it would be simple to devise a plan to help you lose that excess fat.
Drink Plenty of Water
Another very important and one of many fat loss tips is to drink plenty of water each day to flush out the toxins from your body.
Eat the Right Type Of Fruit
Food plays an important part in burning fat. Eating foods that will help with fat loss is an important part of having a healthy lifestyle.
With the above in mind eat lots of strawberries. Believe it or not 8 strawberries have 1/3 less sugar content than an apple and half the calories of a banana. Strawberries are naturally sweet and low in calories. A cup of cut up strawberries contains just 53 calories.
Strawberries are low on the glycaemic index which is important as low GI takes longer to raise the blood sugar content and help you to feel fuller for longer.
Other fruits that are excellent for fat loss are Kiwi Fruit, Raspberries, Blackberries and Grapefruit. Avocado is also an excellent low calorie food.
While fruit is full of fibre and antioxidants be mindful that it does contain sugar. So limit your intake of fruit to two pieces of fruit or 2 cups per day.
Fat loss tips that are just common sense is to eat your food slowly.
Lean Meats Matter
Make sure you are eating lean meats, salmon, green leafy vegetables and eggs in your diet. Start the day off with a healthy protein breakfast and that will allow you to feel fuller for much longer and discourage snacking on the wrong foods.
One of many important fat loss tips with food is not to skip meals. It has been proven that skipping a meal causes us to eat more when we do get around to eating. And usually the “wrong” food.
Yoyo diets are also a disaster as they slow down your metabolism. It can have a negative effect on your general health and may increase your risk of coronary heart disease.
Achievable fat loss tips
- Eliminate sugary drinks from your diet and replace them with water. Once you replace sugars in your diet you will consume less calories and your body will start to feed off the stored fat. Drink a glass of water a half hour before a meal as this will trick your body into thinking it is full.
- Avoid using food as a reward or as a comfort, during emotional or stressful times in your life.
- When shopping read the labels on the product you wish to purchase, to ensure that you are buying “healthy” food.
- Another fat loss tip is to make sure you are using the good oils when cooking. Use unsaturated oils and spreads, such as olive canola or sunflower.
So you have followed all the fat loss tips and you have reached a weight loss plateau. What do you do to get your body started again?
- Mix up your meals for a start. Try not to have the same meal at the same time each day. Sometimes you may need to increase your calorie intake instead of reducing it. Of course when you do that, you may need to increase your exercise routine to burn off those extra calories. It may shock the body into burning up the fat once again. Strength training is more successful at fat burring than any other.
- Reconsider your portion size. Have you gradually increased it without realizing it?
- Have you been overexercising? That can sometimes lead to plateauing.
- Ensure you are getting enough sleep.
- Did you know that Vitamin C inhibits cortisol a hormone that tells you’re your body to store fat? Including grapefruit with your breakfast will help to burn that stored fat.
Be Realistic With To Expect
We can’t stress this enough when it comes to fat loss tips, you need to be realistic about losing that fat. It won’t happen quickly but determination to stay on the right path will pay off in the end.
- Set yourself goals that aren’t out of reach.
- Try walking for 30 minutes a day three times a week. Gradually increase the time and number of days you walk as you become fitter and your energy levels rise.
- Start your day with a high protein breakfast.
- Keep a food journal.
Set a realistic weight amount to lose. When you have reached that goal, reward yourself, but not with food. Maybe a manicure, or a trip to the theatre would suit. Then set a new target. By setting small targets to lose weight, the end result won’t seem insurmountable.
Add in Some Strength Training
Strength training is an excellent way to burn fat.
Vary your exercise regime from a basic workout to a more intense one that will require more skill and commitment. Over a period of weeks gradually reduce the time you rest between sets.
It is an idea to split your exercise program up into two parts. Focus on two or three muscle groups rather than work your whole body in one session. By doing this you may be able to work out more volume sets each day with adequate rest periods. This method helps you progress more successfully to burn body fat.
If you are using weight in your workout, try increasing them for a period of six weeks then give yourself a week of light workouts to allow your body to recover. It is vitally important to have proper rest periods to avoid overuse which may cause injuries.
Another excellent fat loss tips is to do a session of Cardio exercises as it is really good for fat burning. Intense cardio workouts of thirty minutes a day.
An important fat loss tip is to have support on your journey. Enlist the help of family and friends to help keep you on track.