- 1tbs. olive oil
- 2 green capsicums, finely chopped
- 2 large carrots, sliced
- 2 celery sticks, sliced
- 200g lean chicken breast fillets, cut into 20cm pieces
- 1 ½ cup basmati rice
- 3 ½ cups chicken stock
- 400g diced tinned tomatoes
- 2 tsp. Cajun seasoning
- 600g medium green prawns, peeled, tails intact
- ¼ cup chopped flat leaf parsley.
Heat half the oil in a deep pan over medium heat.
Cook capsicum, carrots and celery, stirring occasionally for 3 minutes or until beginning to soften.
Add chicken, cook, stirring often for 2 minutes or until lightly browned.
Add rice, stock and tomatoes and seasoning. Stir to combine.
Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered for 25 minutes or until the rice is tender.
Season with salt and pepper.
Heat the remaining oil in a large non-stick pan over medium to high heat.
Cook prawns for 1-2 minutes on each side.
Top Jambalaya with the prawns and parsley.