The tangy combination of cucumber and dill adds a Scandinavian note to this otherwise classic potato salad.
- 3 lbs. new red potatoes, unpeeled
- 1/3 cup chopped scallions, green and white parts
- 1 English cucumber, sliced lengthwise, and then sliced across
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh dill
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 4 tbsp. white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp. Dijon-style mustard
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Roughly chop the unpeeled potatoes and then boil them in a large pan of salted water until tender. Drain and cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, scallions, cucumber slices, and dill.
- In a separate small bowl, mix together the olive oil, vinegar, and mustard. Pour this dressing over the potato mixture.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Toss until the salad is thoroughly mixed.
- Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container until needed.