Try this delicious Prawn and Chicken Salad :
Prep – 20 mins
Cook – 15 mins
Serves – 4
- 6 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- ½ cup olive oil, plus extra
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp of chilli flakes (or to taste)
- Juice of 2 limes
- 2 tbs of fish sauce
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 500 g chicken thigh fillets, halved
- 500 g green prawns, peeled, deveined tails intact.
- 200g rice noodles
- 3 shallots, finely sliced
- 10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 60g baby spinach leaves
- ½ red onion, sliced
- Fried shallots and fresh coriander leaves, to garnish.
- Place garlic and olive oil in a small pan, cook over medium heat until soft and garlic is slightly brown. Remove from heat and add ground coriander, pepper and chilli. Stir to combine and pour into a large bowl.
- Add lime juice, sauce and sugar to the mix and stir to combine. Set aside.
- Preheat a barbecue char grill pan. Lightly oil chicken and cook over medium heat for 3-4 minutes each side or until cooked through. Set aside for 5 minutes, then slice.
- Meanwhile, toss prawns in a little oil and barbecue or chargrill over medium heat for 1-2 minutes each side or until cooked through.
- Transfer cooked chicken and prawns to the bowl and toss to coat, with the marinade. Let stand for a few minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook rice noodles according to packet instructions. Place shallot and tomato into the bowl with the chicken and prawns. Acid spinach, onion and noodles and toss gently to combine. Pile salad onto a serving plate and garnish with fired shallots and coriander leaves. Serve immediately.