- 1 bunch small leaf spinach
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons cold pressed virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon reduced salt soy sauce
- Dash of tabasco
- 260g van water chestnuts, drained and sliced
- 8 button mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons LSS
Remove stems and devein spinach, wash thoroughly and dry on a clean towel.
To crisp it up, place it in the fridge wrapped in the towel.
Toast the sesame seeds in a pan over a moderate heat, shaking constantly.
Remove from pan and allow to cool.
Mix the oil, lemon juice, soy sauce and Tabasco as the dressing.
Place spinach in a salad bowl and coast with the dressing, add the chestnuts and mushrooms, top with sesame seeds and LSA.
Note: LSA consists of ground linseed seeds, sunflower seeds and almonds.