Sticky Chicken Winges
A tasty appetizer to have out for your dinner party.
Author: Jessica West
Recipe type: Appetizer
Serves: serves 4
- ⅓ cup Hosin Source
- ½ cup sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tbs sambal oelek, plus extra to service (optional)
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1kg chicken wings
- 1 bunch choy sum, trimmed
- ¼ cup Chinese cooking wine
- 1.5 cups jasmine rice
- 270ml light coconut milk
- Preheat oven to 180oC. Line a large roasting pan with baking paper.
- Combine hoisin and sweet chilli sauces, sambal oelek and oil in a large bowl. Reserve 2 tbs for basting. Add chick and toss to coat. Arrange in pan and bake for 25 minutes.
- Turn chicken over and baste with reserved marinade. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown and sticky.
- Meanwhile, to make the coconut rice, rinse rice under cold water and drain well. Combine rice with 1.5 cups water and coconut milk in a large microwave-safe bowl. cover with 1 lid o2 2 layers of plastic wrap. Microwave on high for 5 minutes, then on medium for a further 7 minutes. Remove from microwave and keep covered for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
- Cut choy sum into 5 cm lengths and toss in Chinese cooking wine. Nestle choy sum in and around chicken and drizzle with leftover cooking wine. Cover with foil, and bake for 5 minutes to steam greens.
- Serve with coconut rice and extra sambal oelek, if using.
Serving size: Per Serve Calories: 865 Fat: 39g Saturated fat: 14g Carbohydrates: 91g Sugar: 25g Sodium: 1170mg Fiber: 8g Protein: 35g